Caazam! is a magical, video-based, shopping experience platform for virtual personal retail. Caazam!’s Virtual Guideshop enables omni-channel retailers to better engage, serve, and convert their customers online by providing a more personal service, resulting in higher revenue, brand value and customer satisfaction.
Caazam! is not just a Zoom-like video call or yet another chat/messaging service for retailers’ websites. It’s a magical video-based shopping experience platform.
Seamlessly (and effortlessly) integrated into the retailer website with flexible scheduling and/or ad-hoc video call launch, Caazam! launches a slick-looking video call floating window on top of the retailer website.
On the sales-associate / host-side, a complete customer profile is presented with key metrics, purchase history, and personalized recommendations.An interactive showroom empowers the sales associates to guide the customer through the shopping experience including assisted shopping-cart and checkout (like in the physical store!) and even virtual try-on and social shopping with friends.
After the call, a comprehensive set of sales intelligence tools takes care of automatic actions such as post-call emails and follow-up scheduling as well as transcripts and analytics for training and sales efficiency measurement and optimization.
Caazam! is a Shopify app and follows the standard Shopify app installation process:
- From the Caazam! app listing click “Add app”
- Follow the instructions and accept the terms
- Add Caazam! to your online store (so clients can start video-calling you)
- Invite hosts (so your sales associates can answer the video-calls)
- Start your 30-day free trial
- here you are.
It’s up to your preference. We offer a couple of simple/easy options as well as a fully-customized alternative:
- Widget - you can install the Caazam! app as a floating widget on top of all of your store pages.
- Button - you can install the Caazam! app as a button in all your product pages
- Custom code - you can install the Caazam! app as any type of element (e.g. button, link, …) anywhere on your store using custom code.
Yes. In the Caazam! Admin UI under Settings go to Online store settings. There you can select the widget color and (optional) helper text. You’ll be able to preview how it looks at the bottom-right corner of the page.
You can deploy Caazam! in one of two availability modes - depending on what fits your operational needs (e.g. hosts availability and other host responsibilities) better:
- Accept both instant calls and scheduling appointments - in this (default) mode clients can choose either to start a video call on the spot or to schedule an appointment for a later time/day
- By appointment only - in this mode clients can schedule a virtual personal shopping experience with one of your hosts for a later time but they cannot just start a video call on the spot.
You can set the availability mode in the Caazam! Admin UI: under Settings go to Availability and business hours settings.
Yes. In the Caazam! Admin UI under Settings go to Availability and business hours settings. There you can configure your business days and hours.
- During business hours clients can start video calls to your available hosts by clicking the Caazam! element (e.g. widget)
- During non-business hours, the Caazam! element on your store will redirect clients to leaving a message or scheduling a call
- Regardless of business hours settings, hosts can invite clients to personal calls at any time.
During the Caazam! app installation process you will add Caazam! to your online store (so clients can start video-calling you) and invite hosts (so your sales associates can answer the video-calls). At that point, your store is ready to receive video calls.
When a client browses through your online store, she can start a call by clicking the Caazam! widget/button that you installed. That call will be received by the hosts (your sales associate) if they are available and the call will start immediately.
Of-course you can also schedule and communicate with your clients separately and start the Caazam! video call not through the online store.
We recommend going through our testing guide to make sure everything works as expected.
You don’t need to do anything special. After you install the Caazam! app on your online store, we can access the products you have in your store and make them available to both the host and the client during their video call.
We recommend going through our testing guide to make sure everything works as expected.
You don’t need to do anything special. After you install the Caazam! app on your online store, we can access the clients you have in your database and make them and their information available to the host during the video call.
The host will see the client profile based on either:
- Automatically if the client was logged in to your online store
- Automatically if the client entered her name / email address when starting the call and that information matched an existing client account
- Manually by searching for the client after the call started
We recommend going through our testing guide to make sure everything works as expected.
For the best experience we recommend using the biggest screen that is convenient - typically a laptop/desktop or a tablet.
In the current version, for Hosts, mobile phones are not supported and iPads are supported only when the screen is on.
From your Shopify admin UI, go to Apps and then Delete the Caazam! App.
If you do choose to delete Caazam!, we would greatly appreciate if you send us an email with feedback to email@example.com. We are always striving to do better.
Hosts are your sales associates that answer your clients calls.
In the Caazam! app admin UI go to Settings and then under Hosts you can:
- Invite additional hosts (up to your plan’s limit)
- Delete existing hosts
- See the status of your pending host invitations
When a video-call comes in, hosts will see a notification on the screen (when logging in to the Caazam! Host App make sure to allow push notifications). They can just click on the notification to accept the call and the video-call will start.
It depends on the Call Policy setting. By default, an incoming instant call goes to all available hosts and the first one to answer will receive it.
You can also change the Call Policy to “Single host” - in this case, incoming instant calls will rotate across all available hosts - one host at a time.
Regardless of the Call Policy setting, calls that are made by appointment (or by invitation) will be routed only to the Host that accepted the pending appointment request (or the host that created the invitation).
More options and flexibility are coming...
Yes. From the Host Admin UI, the host can do the following:
- Click the “Invite a Client” button
- Search or enter the client name
- Enter the client email (if the client name was found in your client list, the email will automatically be populated)
- Click “Create Link”
A unique link will be created for the specific client and the host can copy that link into an email and send it to the client.
When the client receives the link, she can click on it and start a video call.
(Invite links can be used more than once and they are valid for 7 days.)
Caazam! includes a comprehensive dashboard that allows you to monitor your hosts performance. For each host you can track call stats (e.g. number of calls, average call time), sales stats (e.g. sales, AOV, conversion rate) and use more advanced sales intelligence tools (e.g. air-time split).
Hosts can answer calls from home, one of your physical stores, your HQ, or anywhere else they can be productive. All they need is a device and good network connectivity for a video call.
Currently there’s a single administrator for the Caazam! App - the same user who installed the Caazam! app on the shop.
More are coming soon...
- Install/uninstall the Caazam! app
- View the Caazam! dashboard
- Invite and manage hosts
- Customize how Caazam! is added to your online store
- Configure business hours
- Select subscription plan
Yes, admins can also be hosts and answer video calls. In fact, when admins first install the Caazam! app, we automatically add them as hosts.
For each client, the host can see a complete profile based on the information in her Shopify account:
- Key metrics: total spend, average and max baskets
- Attributes: last purchase date, sizes, credit, and general notes
- Purchase history
- Personalized recommendations
On the Host screen, make sure the toggle in the top-right is on CLIENTS mode and then search for your client profile. Caazam! will then search for that client in your Shopify client database.
On the Host screen, make sure the toggle in the top-right is on STORE mode and then search for the product/item you’re looking for. Caazam! will then search for that item in your Shopify product database.
The interactive showroom is where the host and the client can share and review together products (“how about this?”) and add them to the shopping cart if the client likes them. Same as they would do in a physical store.
For example: a host can search for an item she thinks the client would like, add that item to the interactive showroom and that item will instantly appear in the showroom of the client. Then the client can click the item to inspect it in detail, choose variants, and so on.
During the Caazam! video-call interaction, a product might follow the following steps:
- Showroom (“look at this”) - both the client and the host can add products/items to the interactive Showroom so they can both review and discuss them together
- Shopping Cart (“I like it”) - when the client likes an item she can add it to the shopping cart (same as on your online store). At this point, she also has to choose variants (e.g. size, color) if relevant.
- Checkout (“I want it”) - when she’s ready to complete the purchase, the client can click the checkout button and follow your standard Shopify-based checkout process in a new tab (Caazam! does not take and process payments directly from your clients - they will be using your standard Shopify checkout.)
Like any Shopify-based Shopping Cart, the client can view all items, choose/change variants (e.g. color, size), and add/remove items.
Like any purchase on your online store, if an item has variants (e.g. color, size, …), they will be available for the client to choose when they add it to the showroom/shopping cart. By clicking on the item all the relevant information will be displayed including potential variant choices.
When the client is ready to check-out, she can view the cart, edit any of the items as needed, and continue to checkout similar to any purchase on your online store.
When the client clicks the checkout button, a new tab opens with the standard Shopify-based checkout experience. (Caazam! does not take and process payments directly from your clients - they will be using your standard Shopify checkout.)
When she’s done with the checkout process, the client can go back to the video-call tab - the video-call will still be available.
Yes. When the client completes the checkout process during a video-call, the host is automatically notified (and congratulated). The host can not see the checkout screen of the client and/or the credit-card/payment information.
If the client started the checkout process by clicking the Checkout button, all items in the shopping cart will be saved in your online store shopping cart after the video-call so the client can complete the checkout process after the call if she desires.
If the client did not start the checkout process currently the items in the Caazam! shopping cart are not automatically saved into your store shopping cart after the call.
If the client wants to wait with the checkout, the host can guide her to start the checkout process and not complete it so the items will be saved for later.
Items in the Showroom (but not in the Shopping Cart) are not saved after the video-call.
Yes, a host can share her/his screen with the client on the video call. You can do that using the share-screen button (next to the mute/video control).
However, always be aware that the host screen might include some personal and/or confidential information so make sure to use it with discretion.
Not currently. We’d love to hear if you need it: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For best experience we recommend using the biggest screen that is convenient - typically a laptop/desktop or a tablet.
In the current version, mobile phones are not supported.
Caazam! subscription packages vary based on the number of hosts allowed and monthly video hours.
When you start you have a 30-day free trial that includes up to five hosts and fifty monthly video hours. When you’re ready you can choose one of the three plans available:
- LITE: up to 5 hosts and 50 monthly video hours
- PRO: up to 30 hosts and 300 monthly video hours
- ADVANCED: up to 100 hosts and 1000 monthly video hours
If you want to use more monthly video hours than your current package limit you can do one of the following:
- Upgrade to the next tier
- Continue using the current plan and pay for extra hours on a per-hour basis (see details here)
You can always change your subscription plan based on your needs - in the Caazam! Admin UI under Settings go to the Subscription and Fees section and click “Manage subscription”.
For more information see our pricing page.
Yes. You can always change your subscription plan based on your needs - in the Caazam! Admin UI under Settings go to the Subscription and Fees section and click “Manage subscription”.
When the client clicks the checkout button during the Caazam! video call, we mark the order created by Shopify with a Caazam! tag. This way we can track and report the items that were purchased via the Caazam! platform. (You can also filter and see all the orders marked with the “Caazam!” tag in your Shopify Admin UI.)
The sales-based fee is calculated by multiplying:
- Your plan rate, and
- The total amount of sales through the Caazam! app
For example: if you’re on the LITE plan, your rate is 3.00%. If your clients purchased items at a total of $10,000 during the month, your monthly sales fees will be $300 (3% out of $10,000).
Each subscription plan comes with a package of monthly video hours (e.g. the LITE plan includes 50 monthly video hours). If you exceed the monthly video hours in your plan, you will be charged on a per-hour basis according to your plan rate (e.g. the rate for the LITE plan is $1.50 per extra-hour, or part thereof).
For example: if you’re on the LITE plan and you used 51.5 hours during the month:
- 50 hours are included in your plan (no additional fees)
- 1.5 hours are “extra” and you will be charged for 2 hours at $1.50 per hour: $3.00.
You can track the monthly video hours on the Caazam! admin UI: go to the Subscription and Fees section under Settings and click Manage Subscription. There you can see the number of video hours used in the current month.
You can see the number of hosts on the Caazam! admin UI: go to the Hosts section under Settings. There you can see the number and list of current hosts as well as manage them.
Note that hosts that were invited but have not accepted the invitation yet still count as hosts. You can always cancel the invitation and delete them.
The Caazam! dashboard is in the Admin UI. From the Shopify admin UI for your store go to Apps and then choose Caazam!.
Caazam! admins can view the Caazam! Dashboard.
Hosts can see a subset of the information that is relevant for them on the Caazam! Host App.
There are generally three types of metrics available on the Caazam! dashboard:
- Call metrics (e.g. number of calls, duration of calls, …)
- Sales metrics (e.g. total sales, number of orders, AOV, conversion rate, …)
- Advanced sales intelligence tools (e.g. Air-time analysis)
Yes. you can choose to filter the data presented based on:
- Date range
On the admin navigation bar under Call History you can generate a report detailing the entire call history for your store including information on missed calls, which sales associates hosted calls, and whether a call resulted in a checkout (and for what amount).
You can use this information to follow up with your clients (whether their call was completed or missed) and to compensate your sales associates if they are on performance-based commission.
This message means the store is outside of business hours.
Clients can either schedule an appointment for a later time or leave a message.
You can change the store business hours on the Admin UI under Availability and business hours.
This message means no host has answered the call. It can happen in one of the following cases:
- No host has set her/his status to Available
- All your available hosts are busy on other calls
- None of the available hosts has answered the incoming call (they might have been busy doing something else and missed the call)
Clients can try again, schedule an appointment for a later time, or leave a message.
You can set the host availability status in the Host Homepage.
When the client initiates a video-call her information is available to the host in the following cases:
- The client was logged in to your online store - Caazam! Will automatically present the client profile to the host
- The client provided her name and email address when initiating the video call
- The client provided her name verbally during the call and the host searched and found her using Caazam! Client Search
In all of these cases, the client’s information will be available for the host to follow-up in case the call was disconnected.